Sunday, March 27, 2011









This reflection shows that as a teacher I am willing to question the effectiveness of how I do my mat times and constantly evalute myself and the methods I use to teach the children so as to achieve the desired goals. I would demonstrate the actions by using movement, changing the tone of my voice, gesture and facial expression as we read the story together. This helped me to communicate clearly to the children and can be a particularly effective way to build toddlers language competence and to help non- English speaking children with acquistion of English as a second language.


1 comment:

joann said...

Mat times can at the best of time be a challenge, especially with younger children and toddlers.
As you have shown in your reflection, engaging toddlers through the use of resources and familiar stories and songs will allow for both the toddlers and teachers to have an enjoyable time.
Have you had any thoughts on the value of mat times- or even why you have mat times with toddlers? Are they valuable for this age group and/or should they be compulsory?
Look forward to your thoughts

Joann